Riseoflight guild website

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Explorer community events

2 posters

Go down

Explorer community events Empty Explorer community events

Post  Rkade Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:30 pm

As you guys may of noticed, I have a rather high achievement score of just over 2700 even thou I've done 0 dungeons and limited pvp due to performance issues. This score is due to a personal interest of wanting to explore the landscape and finding little gems of fun through mazes, jumping puzzles, etc.

As such we could promote a day during the week when as a guild we visit a particular set of jumping puzzles/ explorer achievements / interesting meta events that are somewhat hidden. By doing this people are experiencing new context (keeping the game fresh); working together to overcome obstacles and generally getting to know each other more. I have a couple ideas of how to group these together and have already set aside a couple example days that we could do:

Example #1 - the hidden metas of metrica province. This would include two events (or maybe one depending on time) which guildies work together to complete events. The first is Gomms lab; the very large jumping puzzle above Metrica requiring 3 stages of attument. the second is the thermanova plant in the north-west, which has a hidden meta event involving the four elements stored in the facility; leading to a final boss fight above metrica. This is suitable because of the low level requirement

Example #2 - the tall trees of Caledon forest. This is a rather large area in terms of exploreables / puzzles so best to be tackled on 2 separate days. there are 4 jumping puzzles and 2 explore-able areas that i know of, some even following into each other directly. again, this is suitable due to the low level requirement

Example #3 the hidden garden and laboratories of Maelstrom. this consists of one large jumping puzzle / explorable area and one small, but clever jumping puzzle. going through these as an individual can be annoying, but with the combining of boons and teamwork can make it much more enjoyable. due to the area it caters to the much higher levels (65+)

Example #4 WvW jumping. Pretty self-explanatory; allowing for all levels with a combination of pvp and pve content. from these events, further WvW teamwork can go on (like taking over territory for the guild, etc)

These are just a few examples that I have out of about 10 I've thought about. I wouldn't be able to set a specific day this would be good for, but i think this as a "see whos about and do something together" mentality could help people feel more involved in the guild community.

Looking forward to your feedback
Ryan "Rkade" K

Rkade
Lost member
Lost member

Number of posts : 3
Location : Harlow, Essex (home) Plymouth, Devon (Uni) *England*
Registration date : 2012-11-27

Back to top Go down

Explorer community events Empty Re: Explorer community events

Post  QQ-Elro-QQ Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:31 am

Love the idea, we just gotta get more people active in the social side of kin, considering it seems just you, me, ahel and ono use these forums to far Razz
QQ-Elro-QQ
QQ-Elro-QQ
Young Panda
Young Panda

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum